Saturday, March 31, 2012

Common Core

Sorry this post is so late! If you have read the Hunger Games you will understand....I borrowed the book from a friend last night, picked it up this morning, and just finished it!!! IN LOVE!! I made my sister bring her kindle to dinner (she has the second and third book) and I am going to start the second as soon as I finish this post!!
My county has taken on common core this year; however, I am learning more and more about common core as the year goes on. I just finished the three day Common Core Academy and decided to get some different activities together/reading responses for my students.  I am attaching the ones I have already made on here for free (YAY!!) But there are MANY more that I have in mind to make...those I will add into my writing unit. If you have already purchased that unit...you will just have to re-download it and you will have them for free as well :)
The ones I am attaching now will meet standards such as:
-Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on kindergarten reading and content.
-With prompting and support, retell
familiar stories, including key details.
-With prompting and support, compare and contrast the adventures and experiences of characters in familiar stories.
-With prompting and support, identify basic similarities in and differences between two texts on the same topic (e.g., in illustrations, descriptions, or procedures). 
Click Below:
 Enjoy!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Caitlin,
    Thanks so much for sharing these. My district dove head first into Common Core this year. Part of the challenge has been helping parents understand the change in standards. These actvities will help that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these awesome printables! We've been implementing the common core at our school this year too. I love your blog- you have such great ideas! I'm a new blogger so I'm still learning the ropes, but my blog is www.kindermonkeys.blogspot.com.

    Megan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I just found your blog. I was at Rock Island for the common core academy this week. Where abouts do you teach. I teach at Parkside.

    Sharon
    DogDaysofKindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon!! I am at Gator Run!! Not too far :)

    ReplyDelete