Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mission Organization!

Next year I want my classroom to be super organized!! I am already a clean freak and like everything in its place...but now I want all my bins to match, to have a real place for everything with labels and all, and I just want my room to be BEAUTIFUL!!
My first step...an order from Really Good Stuff! Love that store!
So far I have gotten...
I ordered 4 sets of these for my classroom library. Eight of them fit perfectly on my bookshelves and it looks wonderful! I am in the process of making pretty polka dotted labels now!


These will go in my library as well, but on the top of the bookshelves. I have some book bins that have too many books for the smaller bins. So these will hold the big collections :)
 I ordered these to organize my 4 reading groups. Each group will have a different color bin. This way I can gather the materials the Friday before, put them in the bins, and be ready for the week! Much more convenient then what I have been doing now (which was leaving the stuff all over the table in piles..or putting it away and having to get it out again each morning).
I also ordered these nifty ceiling clips (which I probably don't really need, but when you're already spending that much money what's another $4.50?)
These will hold my beautiful 'pom poms' that I am going to hang over my classroom library. I am going to make mine out of tulle instead of tissue paper. I am thinking that they will last longer. I can shake the dust off and they won't fade like the tissue paper does. I found this picture on Pinterest...
Next week I am also going to buy paint for my bulletin boards! I am pretty excited about finishing those. I am going to do a bright blue (like the book bin blue color) on all of my boards. I read a great Debbie Diller post sharing that it is a great idea to have all of your bulletin boards the same color--this keeps the students focused, the room calm, etc. Then I am going to add polka dot borders...so fun!! I can't wait to get my room all pulled together, but there is so much to do!!

18 comments:

  1. Love the colors! So bright and cheerful! I might go grab some of those clips too. I want to hang stuff from my ceiling.

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your choice of bins! I want to buy some of those clips too, because I have pom poms to get this summer too! Thanks for the ideas!

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors you chose! I want to hang pompoms next year too- such a nice pop of color! Hope you post pictures when you get your classroom all done. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo... tulle pom poms, I like it! I did tissue paper ones this year and I liked them.

    And I'm also going to do all of my boards in the same color, yeah!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog. I love the color choices. I can't wait to see what your room will look like.

    Cara
    The Teacher's Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new blog design is beautiful! It fits with your title so well. I smiled immediately.

    Jana
    Thinking Out Loud

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new blog! Love your new items and colors! So cute! :)
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love your blog! Love your new colors! I have a question for you. What type of bulletin boards do you have? I think ours are some kind of foamy stuff? I'm not sure it can be painted but that would be super if it could. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you bought!! I am an organization freak! Organization posts are my favorite ;)
    I am a new follower!
    Miss Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a nut for being organized and everything having it's place. I can't wait to start re-organizing over the summer! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your classroom. I am a new follower. ;)
    Vanessa
    Kindergarten Schmindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am an ORGANIZATIONAL crazy-lady! Come check out our organizational pictures at http://primarypossibilities.blogspot.com/. I think you will like them! We are your newest follower. LOVE THIS BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those ceiling clips are amazing! (I wish I would have invented those...)

    :)

    Michelle
    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy I found your blog :)

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have some super cute Monster Freebies you shared at Mrs. Lirette's Learning Detectives! I have been thinking about making a number "I have Who Has" for a while, and you've saved me some time! Thanks:)


    We are ALL Special!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I came over from TPT! I love your classroom design ideas!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  16. In the future, if you need ceiling clips, ask your local Publix manager. Tell them you are a teacher and you need some for your class. :)

    ReplyDelete