Monday, June 18, 2012

Back to School!

I am so not ready to go back just yet BUT I am having fun shopping and planning for back to school!! This year my kindergarten team is going to start off with a Monster Unit. I am super excited!! We have always read the story The Day A Monster Came to School which is a super cute way to introduce your students to school rules.  Well, we are going to take that story and base the rest of our week off of it!
I came up with some super cute back to school activities for our K kids. The beginning of the year is a lot of letter names and sounds, number recognition, sight words, colors words, teaching school/class rules, etc. So this unit is just that! 
Here are a couple pictures of what is included, but if you head on over to TPT the description has everything that you'll find inside :) Just click on any of the images below...
Some great ABC activities...
A couple ABC game options...
Some math activities...
and more!!
I am heading over to TPT right now to put this unit on sale just for you....it will be on sale until tomorrow evening! :)

15 comments:

  1. I may have to check out that book! We have always done The Gingerbread Man, made cookies, and went on a hunt...but I'm thinking a change may be good! :)

    Sarah
    Kindergarten Korner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I love, love, love the gingerbread man!! But, we do it in December with our Holiday Unit! The monster story is just a short story, you can actually google it and find it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caitlyn! So stinkin cute!!! I love those little monsters:) I have them too:) You should link up with my linky...that's a classroom edition:)) Was so fun meeting you at the meetup:)


    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! I have it in my shopping cart. Can't wait to buy it and go through it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually do the Gingerbread Man at the beginning of the year, but this may be an awesome change!! Thanks so much, I am heading to TPT to check it out.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those monsters!! They are too cute.

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!
    Hey... let's do some more monster items!!!

    Mary
    Sharing Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I know it's already been said, BUT wow those are too cute for words! Fantastic job! :)

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is just something about a monster that helps keeps kids working. I love this packet. You're in my cart!!! Thanks so much for sharing your hard work.

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stuff is too cute! I had a behavior system last year called mon-STAR behavior. :) New follower! :)

    Sarah
    Teaching is Colorful

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is darling, thanks for sharing.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete