Friday, June 8, 2012

A Little Update and a Guest Post!!

Hi my friends!! Guess what?? Today was my last day of school!! I had an amazing class this year so I am sad to see them go, but definitely happy to have some time off to regroup! 
Before I left for the summer I decided to paint all of my bulletin boards. I painted them on Tuesday and they came out amazing!! Like I said in my previous post, I decided to paint them all the same color (a Debbie Diller idea). I have 5 boards in my room and my teacher bestie next door did her 5 bulletin boards... and we finished them with only one gallon of paint! Four of my boards were a white cork and one was the natural cork. The white boards only took one coat of paint, but the real cork board took 3 coats! Then today I double bordered all of them (it took me like 5 hours to cut the borders out of the lamination last night!! I am so glad they are done) Check them out.....
You can see Tammy's alphabet hanging above my white board (from her Letter Land pack) and on this bulletin board I hung up the months that you can download HERE and my non bright/polka dot calendar! I am going to have to do something to fix that :)
If you download the polka dot months you will see that I added a couple more options to choose from...I can't decide if I want to go with option 2...
because these letters will stand out better on the board! Hmmmm....I think I am going to!! 
On a different note, I had an amazing opportunity to guest blog for Mary at Mrs. Lirette's Learning Detectives. She has a wonderful blog!! I would love for you to pop on over and check out my post :) I added in a couple freebies for the first week of school!! There is an I Have, Who Has game, a great little Monster story, and some coloring activities for the students to start as they arrive to school that first week! Just click below....
Enjoy!!!

12 comments:

  1. I love how you painted your corkboards!!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of just painting the corkboards, what a great idea! Sure beats having to put up paper all the time by yourself! I also love the polka dot months set because I am going polka dots this year!

    Deb at Fabulously First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that idea of painting the boards! It looks great! I hate wrestling that paper everytime you change it. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never considered painting the bulletin boards--wow, what a fabulous idea! Good job!
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting on the TpT thread so I could find your adorable blog!!!

    Tammy
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute board!!! I may try painting mine. I've used fabric the last couple of years because the big paper just fades! The fabric holds up nicely, but painting might just be the way to go! :)
    Oh gosh, I can't even think about working on it til like mid July! agghhh... Be well and welcome to facebook!
    Ann Marie Smith @ Innovative Connections

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you painted your bulletin boards! I am going into school this upcoming week to paint shelves... what if my board "magically" get painted too? I might need to ask first. LOVE the idea!
    I am excited about the 17th!!
    Sharing Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing1 I'm your newest follower :)
    Laura
    Over the 1st Grade Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did I not comment on this before!?! I LOVE your bulletin boards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did you get the calendar math pocket chart in the picture?

    Erica

    Sprinkles to Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! wow.. I just love your bulletin boards... The colors you have used are just perfect..
    shop sign sheffield

    ReplyDelete