WOW, I can't believe 2014 is coming to a close!! What a year it has been! I am excited to recap 14 memories from 2014 and join Hadar, Kristin, and Tracy in their linky party!
1. I rang in 2014 out in California for the National Championship football game. Even though Auburn didn't win, I had an AMAZING time with my high school bestie!! I think my favorite part was enjoying the San Diego pier!
2. In January I celebrated my niece Savanna's first birthday! She definitely brings so much joy to my life! Sometimes I am not sure what I would do without her--she has gotten me through some hard times this year!
3. I spent my spring break up at my parents' house in the mountains of North Carolina... and it snowed!! One of my favorite things! I spent most of the trip hiking and exploring with my mom. North Carolina is the most relaxing trip!!
4. In June, my entire family (mom, dad, 3 sisters, and all of my brother in laws) went to Ireland. We had an amazing time together...
and even got to visit family that I've never met before! My Aunts live on the same property where my Nana's dad lived. You can still see the ruins of my Great-Grandfather's house. Such a cool thing!
5. At the end of June I went to China! I went with two friends from high school. We explored Hong Kong and I tried MANY new foods! (which is huge for me)
6. Then we were off to Hoi An, Vietnam. We met some locals that took us out and showed us what a day was like in their life. We farmed, planted seeds (yes, they ride the water buffalo to help farm rice), and fished. It was an amazing, eye opening, day!
7. Went to Halong Bay, Vietnam and surprised myself by being able to rock climb! Can you find me on the left below? ;)
8. Then we went to Patera Elephant farm in Chiang Mai, Thailand- how cute are elephants!?
We were all assigned one elephant for the day. We had to bathe the elephant, take them for a walk (while we rode them) for exercise, and so much more! These were all rescued elephants and they are very well taken care of here.
Saying bye to my elephant, Mag!
9. We were off to Tiger Kingdom (also in Chiang Mai). This was the day I was sooo looking forward to on my trip, being an Auburn Tiger of course!
They had the cutest baby tigers EVER!
10. Obviously you are staring to see a pattern here...I travel... a lot! My next stop in July was Phuket, Thailand. We took a boat out to the middle of the ocean and kayaked around. We stopped in caves and explored. Through the caves we would find these amazing blue lagoons!
It was absolutely breathtaking, this picture doesn't do it justice!
11. We had my sister's gender reveal party, she is having a girl!! In January I will be an Aunt for the second time. I am SO excited!!
12. I bought a new house! I'm not moving too far away from where I currently am; however, I am SO excited! My new place should be ready in February or March and I am already shopping for new home decor!! Yay!
13. I went up to Auburn for a football game with my sister. Auburn has such a feeling of 'home' for me. Everyone is so kind and we always have a blast when we are there!
14. Unfortunately I finished off the year having to say bye to my Nana. In October we found out that she had stage 4 pancreatic cancer and sadly a month later she passed away. My Nana was my best friend, I talked to her every night and saw her at least two or three times a week. Life is very different without her, but I am very thankful that I had such an amazing person in my life. She was truly one of a kind and I will miss her everyday!
Click below to read all about some other bloggers 2014! Or to join up yourself!