Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Listening Center

My kids have totally fell in love with the listening center this year!! It is so funny how every class is so different.  Last year, some of my students would roll their eyes when they saw that one of their morning centers was listening...this year, my students can't wait! They even want to listen to the same book over and over again! Luckily, last year I bought the books on C.D. in the monthly scholastic orders so I am all stocked up on thematic books.  Today they listened to:
We have been working on finding the title and author in reading groups, so when they were finished listening they filled out this sheet:
and they drew a picture of their favorite part.
 Later in the year, when the kids can write more independently, I will have them fill out this center sheet:
Listening Center Sheet 2

I am so glad my students are enjoying this QUIET center :) Hopefully all your kiddos are too!!
Graphics are courtesy of Scrappin Doodles


Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment