We wrapped up our weather unit last week, but I didn't have a chance to share last weeks centers :)
1. It's Raining Cats and Dogs! This activity was great for one-to-one correspondence with numbers 11-20.
2. We finished up our 'All About Weather' books. They came out great! I love reading all of the facts that the students remember.
3. A Tornado of Digraphs! My class still needs practice with sh, ch, and th digraphs. I will be working on this in every unit now until they have it 'down pat'!
4. Wacky Weather Subtraction. Students will look at the cards to create and finish their own subtraction equation.
5. Reading Rainbows. Students had to read the CVC word on one side of the rainbow and match it with the correct picture.
6. Label It! My kids loved labeling the water cycle! We had been talking about the water cycle so much and using those difficult vocab words all week that they couldn't wait to bring this home...one student even wanted to include it in his memory book he loved it so much haha
I also had students working on their handwriting with 'Lightning Letters'. Before they could hand this activity in I made sure to check it quickly. I highlighted all of the letters that they needed to go back and try again on.
In reading groups we are discussing long and short vowels. The students sorted the pictures on the kites between long /i/ words and short /i/ words. They did a great job with it!
We wrapped up the unit by watching Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs...such a cute movie!!! This week we have already started our plant unit. I will be back soon to show you a little of what we are up to!!
Don't forget to grab my weather freebie here...