Friday, May 16, 2014

An Easy and Cute Parent Gift

We made these cute little cards for Mother's Day, but I never had a chance to blog and share the idea!!  However, I figured that they are also the perfect project for parent appreciation!!
 If you need a quick and cute gift to give your room mom, volunteers, math superstar helper, etc. this is the perfect idea!
I made two columns in Microsoft Word, entered down a little more than half way, and typed in 'A note from...'  I spaced down a little farther and wrote 'Angelica's Mom'.  I continued to do this for each student in my class.  Then, I printed them out and had each student draw a little picture in between the words.
Then, I let each student choose 4 different colors of card stock (this would give each mom 8 cards).
I copied each page onto the card stock, cut them apart, folded them, and voila!
Little note cards for each mom!
I printed out 'Happy Mother's Day' tags and added the cards into clear treat bags.
I love how they turned out and they were SUPER easy!!!

11 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this idea!! Did the pencil show up that dark on cardstock or did they have to go over it in marker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great and inexpensive but very thoughtful gift! I love gifts that people can use! Thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, you are killing me this is soooooooo cute! I love it as a teacher AND a parent! I have two thank you gifts to give to my room moms, and I think this is going to be it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute, thanks for sharing this wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am soooo doing that next year!!
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember doing this years ago and my mom's loved it.
    Don't know why I stopped by I think I will do it again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. I used regular weight colored paper and added the matching envelopes (from Staples...they have matching) ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing such cute ideas! How many students are in your class? How many notes did each child receive?

    ReplyDelete