Monday, September 22, 2014

My Classroom Reveal--finally!

I had planned on writing this post wayyyy back in August before school even started; however, life takes over and that never happened!  Here is a little glimpse into my classroom :)
 My classroom library.  I split my books into themes and labeled them with numbers.  This way the students can read the number on the cover of the book and they know what bin to return it to.
 My girls did not want to leave the library for me to take pictures, so we have some lovely library models!  I always get asked where I bought my library chairs.  They are actually from the Container Store, but I haven't seen them there since I bought them a couple years ago!
 In the front of the class I have our centers board.  I have a post about how I run my centers HERE and you can find my center cards HERE.
 I don't know what I would do without my back counter!  On the left side of the picture below you can see the bins labeled 'apples', 'hearts', etc.  These are my reading groups.  I keep the materials I need for each group in the bin.  Then, on the right side of the picture you can see the same bins labeled 'M', 'T', etc.  I keep my activity sheets or center activities for the week in these bins.  Lastly, the binders you see below are used for their memory books.
 My storage shelf! Another thing I don't know what I would do without!  Each bin at the top of the shelf holds a different thematic unit.  All of the center work, activity sheets, craftivities, etc. for each theme are kept in the bin.
 Our word wall.  (which I need to add words too!)
 Here is our writing center.  I love using Deedee Wills' monthly writing work stations!  Those combined with my Work on Writing pack makes for the perfect (and easiest to set up) writing center! I introduce one writing activity at a time and as I introduce an activity I leave it in a organizational pocket chart at the center (not seen in the photo).  Then, when all of the different activities are introduced, students will get to choose which activity to work on.  They work so much better when you let them 'choose'! 
 More storage space! You can find shape posters HERE or HERE. You can also find color posters in my store HERE or HERE.
 Our listening center...it just isn't totally set up and running yet!
 Our clip chart...you can read more about how I run behavior management in my classroom HERE.
 Below you can see our calendar area.  You can also see our class birthdays and job chart!  The job chart can be found HERE.
 Number posters hang below the white board. We use these at calendar time as well.  Number posters can be found in my store HERE or HERE.
 I have some bins behind my teacher's desk with sticker and activity sheets for our next unit.  I also have a bin for all of the word work activities for each month. I use a 2 gallon zip lock bag to hold each month.  It makes it so easy to just pull the bag out before the month begins.
 Some more organization behind my desk ;)
 And a view of the classroom from my desk!
Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek into my room!!

3 comments:

  1. Your room is gorgeous! I love how you used the green pom poms on your tree. And how super organised you are for rotations and centres! Thanks for sharing :)

    Zoe
    Oh the Little Wonders

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad someone else besides me has life sidetracking them from blogging! I second Zoe's comment - the Pom Poms on the tree are genius! I also love Dee Dee's writing centers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome classroom! I love all of your organization...especially the "Looking Ahead" bins!

    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete