Friday, December 2, 2011

Our Elf is Here!

My kids were so super excited when I introduced our Elf on the Shelf.  We read the story together and talked about how you cannot touch the elf or he loses his magic! But first you have to give your Elf a name.  My kids brainstormed some crazy names for our Elf and when the voting was done we were left with.....Wings!!! haha Then we talked about how the Elf is a great listener, but Santa does not let him talk to children. Throughout the rest of the day I would overhear students going up to Wings and telling him what they want for Christmas... you know, the little things...an itouch, a nintendo, a new baby brother!!
Every night Wings flies back to the North Pole and reports to Santa.  When he comes back in the morning he is always in a different spot in the classroom...On Thursday he was fishing for some goldfish 
Then, this morning he made our cooking activity for us! We were supposed to be making reindeer cookies in our morning center..but Wings got to it first.


He even squirted some icing onto our feeling picture cards and turned those frowns, upside down!!

So fun!!
I know there are a couple other teachers doing Elf on the Shelf as well. If you are, let me know if you have some good classroom ideas! My teacher bff next door (who just started blogging) has a little Elf of her own named Sparkles! Check out her blog over at Paste and Pearls and become one of her followers!!

3 comments:

  1. I love the fishing!
    That is so creative!
    I don't have an Elf in the classroom, but we have one at home...Gary....I have no idea why they named him that!
    The youngest is accusing the his big brother of touching him because he hasn't flown away for two nights! I get the worst mother of the year award!
    Going Nutty!
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog...it makes me smile. I gave you the Sunshine award! It looks like we have the same reading series...the elf was sitting on it!

    Sarah
    Kindergarten Korner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staci, you may need to put Gary in a little bed with a blanket and leave a note saying hes been sick for the past couple of days hahah I've been worried that I am going to forget to move ours at school and the kids will catch on!!

    Sarah, thanks SO much for the Sunshine award! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete