Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Salt Dough Ornaments

Yayy!! The ornaments came out perfectly! I ended up leaving them in the oven for the full 6 hours.  Today the kids painted them beautifully! They dry really fast so I ended up painting 2 coats of the varnish on top to make sure they were shiny! I love how they turned out and all the kids are super excited to give them to their parents!

On a different note, looks like our friend Wings got in a little trouble...
 The kids had me hysterically laughing when they came in and saw this in the morning. They couldn't believe that Wings was tied up and they really couldn't believe that their toys come to life also!  Some of the students were worried about Wings so we made sure to leave him with a pair of scissors so he could get out :)
I hope everyone is enjoying their last couple of days! I am just hoping to make it through the craziness of the holiday party tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. I am a new blogger and would LOVE for you to check out my blog and follow me!


    http://sharingkindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ornaments!! Thanks for sharing! I now follow your cute blog! :)
    My Kindergarten Kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ornaments are so cute girl and so is your cute little elf. Thank you so much for wonderful surprises in my e-mail box. I was not expecting that at all! I have signed up to follow you through e-mail! Nice blog you have going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian, I hope you are able to utilize the units I sent you! I would love to know what you think of them :) I'm glad you are now following! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute ornaments! Wings being tied up and surrounded by toys is hysterical!

    ReplyDelete