Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Graphics and/or fonts copyright Dianne J. Hook
I just love the saying above...Bring it on 2013!! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful, happy, and blessed year! I am looking forward to seeing what 2013 has in store for me!

I spent my morning prepping my new Penguin Unit.  I go back to school on Monday and will be starting this as soon as I go back! Here is a little peak of some of our activities ...

We have been practicing and practicing addition and subtraction...



I am also going to have the children hunt around the room for these penguin cards. They will count the penguins and count the fish to create an addition sentence...


Lots of letter activities!! In this one they will match the letter with the beginning sound picture

They are continuing to work on beginning and ending sounds. 


and much, much, more! We have a jam packed 2 weeks of Penguins! I really wish I could stretch the unit out to be a little longer! But, we are starting a 2 week Bear Unit when we are finished :)

All of the above activities can be found in my new Penguin Unit on TPT

And to start off the New Year right, everything in my store is 20% off today! 


Don't forget to grab one of my newly revised freebies while you are on TPT! You can find the Winter CVC Fun! game in my store or by clicking on the image below...

Enjoy!!

11 comments:

  1. You make me want to teach kindergarten! I would LOVE to do a penguin unit. :) Your stuff is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Years to you, Caitlin!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog! Love the Winter Fun activity!!


    Jenna
    Just Diving In

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the freebie, Caitlin! It's adorable! I just posted a penguin emergent reader freebie on my blog that might work great with your penguin unit. Here is the link if you want to check it out! http://abcsandpolkadots.blogspot.com/2012/12/colorful-little-penguins-emergent.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the awesome freebie! I'm sure I'll put it to good use!
    Shibahn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caitlin, I adore your penguin unit! Great job! And, Winter CVC Fun is awesome! Happy New Year to you!
    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Glad that I stumbled on your blog. I just started one about a month ago and trying to get my feet wet with the blogging world :)

    http://liveitloveitlearnit.blogspot.com/

    Smiles :)
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Caitlin for the freebie. I love everything that you do. You are such an inspiration. Happy New Year!

    The Convenient Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this penguin unit! I just finished making my life-size penguins and I have to say that they turned out adorable. We are doing the Word Splash activity also and I think it has been very successful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are starting our penguin unit in first grade next week. Your blog is amazing, I will be forwarding the link to my kindergarten team at school. I am sure they will find all sorts of amazing things! Your niece is absolutely beautiful! Congrats!
    Amber
    Mrs. Laue's Littles

    ReplyDelete