Some things to think about while reading this chapter:
1. Do you trust your students? How do you build this trust? Are you able to trust them and allow them to be independent throughout all aspects of your day? Are you going to be able to stay out of their way? ;)
2. How much choice do you give your students throughout the day? (would love for you to share some examples!) Do you go over your daily schedule with your students or is it just 'posted' in the room?
3. How are you going to create that sense of community where students will hold each other accountable?
4. Student ownership in learning? How do you instill this in every child?
5. Stamina! How are you going to build stamina with reading? independent work? Will you use a timer? Will you set goals? ...
As we continue reading, reflect on what your biggest challenges are going to be when you implement the Daily 5. Keep in mind what changes you are going to have to make and what you are still questioning about using the Daily 5 in your class (if you are not doing so already).
I created this printable for you to jot down your ideas on this Chapter. You can also add GREAT ideas you are learning from your fellow bloggers :)
I will be back on Wednesday with some other helpful items! Don't forget to get your blog posts done and ready to link up! I loved reading everyones posts/comments from last week!! I am learning a lot from you! If you don't have a blog, then just comment or email me! if you email me, then please let me know if I have your permission to post your thoughts.
We have been seeing some great 'pin's on our Pinterest board. Don't forget to stop by!
Have fun reading!!