I finished another item off of my 'Summer To-Do List'. I made the toolbox that has been floating around everyones blogs and on Pinterest. I got together with my kindergarten team (there are 8 of us) and we all made a toolbox! Let me tell you, it took longer than I thought so it was great to have company!!
First, I bought the toolbox at Home Depot. I couldn't find it at first (I don't really ever look that hard...I would rather just ask!), so I showed a guy that worked there a picture of it from Pinterest. When he took me to the correct isle I thought 'no way this is definitely not it!' It is WAY smaller then it looks in pictures! So weird! But a great size for your desk and will still do the job :)
I took it home and sprayed it with primer and with some pink spray paint. If you are going to paint yours--make sure you get the glossy spray paint! I got the matte because I didn't even think of it, so I still have to go back and spray some glossy spray paint on top.
It didn't take that long to dry and we were ready to start working. I first opened up these pre-made editable labels that I found on TPT for FREE. Then, I changed some of the words to better fit what I needed and I changed the font to 'Cheri' which is a free font if you google it :)
The labels were on 4 different pages, so I chose 4 different colors of card stock to print them out on. After they were printed, I cut the labels out...
Then one of the teachers brought some super cute ribbon and scrapbook paper to decorate these labels with before we put them in our toolbox. Since my main theme in my classroom is polka dots, that is what I pretty much stuck to!
When I was finished with all of the labels I put a little bit of tape at the top and bottom to help them stick into the drawers better and WA-LA....
I love how it turned out and can't wait to be organized even better this year!!