Friday, March 1, 2013

Five for Friday!

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday!!
1. We are in the middle of our 4 week unit on America. My kids are absolutely LOVING every second of it. We have already learned about the Statue of Liberty, The American Flag, and the Liberty Bell.  In this photo they are seeing how they 'measured up' against the 4.5 feet Statue of Liberty nose! You can check out some of our centers HERE :)
2. I left south Florida last night and headed to Charleston for the weekend! I am loving the cold weather up here!!
3. I am staying with my sister and her husband this weekend and look at the cool gift she had waiting for me!! A new phone case!! <3
4. Today I 'traded' in my kindergarten class for a fifth grade class! I went in to my sisters class (she has a blog too--Little Lovely Leaders). It was so much fun! I was in charge of a small group and we got to play a multiplication game--loved it!
5. A little sneak peak of what I am currently working on!! :)
Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!

18 comments:

  1. OMG!! Your new phone cover is ADORABLE!! Have a fun weekend!:)

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I LOVE Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute stuff! Hope you had a good time in Charleston! I can't wait to see more of your weather unit ;)

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been cold here in South Florida too! 40s and 50s this weekend! Love your cell case!!!

    Rachelle
    http://sweetkindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new phone case is awesome! Enjoy your weekend!

    Karmen
    Karmens Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the picture of your kids by the nose. . .too cute. I can't wait to see your new weather unit. Have fun on your trip.

    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phone case is adorable!!! Could you imagine actually moving from K to 5- what a shock that would be!
    Squirrels
    Going Nutty!
    misssquirrels@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun opportunity to swap classes and work with your sister's kiddos!
    Karen :o)
    Mrs. Stamp's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always fun to see what goes on beyond your own classroom door! :o)

    Did your sister have that adorable phone case specially made for you? Very cute and thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog. I have never done the Five for Friday. It would mean remembering to take pictures all week. Or doing something fun on the weekend. I need to get a life!! I am stuck with report cards...Love your phone case. Thank you for the good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sister is a teacher too! Hers are much bigger than mine (8th grade-yikes!). Love the phone case!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  11. Caitlin, your blog is fabulous! I love the raining hearts so much! Your new Weather unit looks like it will be a huge hit! And the big round flowers hanging from your ceiling..Did you make those? Please tell me how! I have just linked up for the first time with 5 for Friday!
    Happy to be a new follower!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet those 5th graders loved your enthusiasm!!! Can't wait for your weather unit:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That phone case is awesome!!! <3 Hope you had a fun weekend!

    Megan
    Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
    Mrs. Wheeler TpT

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to see your Weather Unit. I am waiting on pins and needles....We are doing our unit on weather next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Caitlyn!
    I love your phone case too! I was wondering if you might put up the nose activity separately? We do daily 5 so we don't do lots of center activities, but I would love to do that nose activity during math!

    Rachelle
    sweetkindergarten.blogspot.com
    Rachelle.Ruark@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete