Thursday, October 26, 2017

My Bridal Shower

I can't believe that as I am finishing writing this post, not only has my bridal shower come and gone, but so has my wedding! Everything happens so quickly!

Meeting the love of my life and getting married has been a day that I have prayed for since I was a teenager. Sometimes I wasn't sure if my prayers would be answered, but they were when His time was right.  They weren't answered the way I imagined either...not only did I meet one love of my life, but I met three! All pretty much at the same time! My fiancĂ© has two of the most previous little ones and there is nothing better than officially being their step mommy! 
 Before the wedding, Phil and I kept saying how we thought the kids were more excited for the wedding than we were.  It had been the talk of the house for the past year and little Miss Kayla actually packed her bags for the wedding a couple of weeks before we even left haha! 
She was so excited at the bridal shower to be my 'something blue'. We even went and got our nails done together for the first time. She got flowers painted on her thumb nails so everyone would know that she is the flower girl!
My bridal shower was absolutely perfect! Look at this amazing set up full of some of my favorite things--sunflowers, donuts, and rainbow sprinkles! Haha! My sister made the 'Future Mrs. Berk' sign and the other two garlands are from Oriental Trading. The black and white table runner is also from Oriental Trading. I have used it for almost every party that I have hosted this past year! It's great!
The munchkins were dipped in a little icing and then dipped in rainbow sprinkles...so good! and so cute!
My sister, Bridget from Little Lovely Leaders,  made these awesome water bottle labels. I love the small details.
My now hubby wanted to contribute to the bridal shower so he made this awesome meat and cheese platter for us! Then we kicked him out for some girl only time ;)
I can't even tell you how amazing these donuts were. I probably had 5 of them! No joke! Those ring toppers I absolutely love too! 
We found these 'thanks' bags on Oriental Trading and knew they would make the perfect, and easy, take away gift.
My sister filled each bag with my favorite candy and Phil's favorite candy.  Again, such a nice touch!!
Of course at the end of the shower we let the boys come back home! 
The day was beyond perfect! I can't wait to share our wedding day with you too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment